Scripps: HGTV & AFC Lead Lifestyle Channel Ratings
HGTV ranked #1 lifestyle channel in Singapore; Asian Food Channel ranked #1 lifestyle channel in Malaysia.
SINGAPORE - Driven by strong original production content and relevance, Asian Food Channel (AFC) and HGTV have been ranked the top lifestyle channels of choice among female cable viewers between 25 to 54 years old and PMEBs in Malaysia and Singapore respectively.
Derek Chang, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Scripps Networks Interactive added, “The ratings momentum we have seen for both AFC and HGTV proves that our effort in providing unique entertainment experiences is paying off. I am thrilled that AFC continues to be the leading food-focused channel in Malaysia and that HGTV has achieved such positive results just one year since its launch in Singapore. These results give us great confidence to pursue even more relevant and local content that will inspire viewers.”
Asian Food Channel (AFC) Highlights:
- According to AGB Nielsen, Asian Food Channel (AFC) was rated the number one lifestyle channel in Malaysia for the second consecutive year among female cable viewers between 25 to 54 years old and PMEBs.
- The most recent #1 lifestyle channel rank was from January 2015 to December 2015.
- When measured against other English pay TV lifestyle channels, the average time spent per day on AFC increased by 11 percent in comparison to 2014.
- Since Scripps Networks Interactive acquired AFC in 2013, the channel has produced a number of notable original series, including Must Try! Asia, Wonderful Indonesia Flavours, Fresh Off Japan! and The Amazing Food Challenge: Fun In The Philippines 3.
- In 2016, AFC will be premiering more exciting original production titles like Family Kitchen with Sherson 2, Ili by the Sea and Papa’s Kitchen, AFC’s first Japanese co-production series.
- Kantar Media revealed that HGTV, Asia’s only regional home focused channel was rated the number one lifestyle channel in Singapore from January 2015 to December 2015 among female cable viewers between 25 to 54 years old.
- When measured against 60 other English pay TV channels, HGTV also recorded the highest average time spent of 40 minutes during the same period, surpassing competitors including those in sports, movies and entertainment segments.
- Since the launch of HGTV in December 2014, the channel has introduced top-rated international content such as Beachfront Bargain Hunt, Selling New York, Family Under Construction, Perfect Home Asia, Property Brothers and House Hunters.
- In addition, House Hunters Asia - the first local version of long running US format House Hunters can be expected in the first quarter of 2016.
Source: Scripps Networks Interactive