Optus Offers Free 6-Month Netflix Trial
Summer has never been more entertaining! Optus is satisfying increased appetites for all the latest entertainment with a brand-spankin’ new entertainment plan built for Netflix, plus a bonus six-month Netflix gift subscription offer for Aussies who want a good laugh, cry or thrill this summer season.
Although streaming content is rapidly changing viewer behaviour, some Australians are still reluctant to try video on demand services. In particular, a quarter (25%) of these Aussies are concerned about additional internet costs, including data charges.
Vicki Brady, Managing Director of Marketing and Product at Optus, said, “Customers tell us they want an easy and flexible streaming experience that allows them to watch what they want and how they want, without the worry of frustrating data limits.
“They also want the convenience of a set top box that gives them access to a world of entertainment without the hassle of juggling between sources, devices and remotes. Our new Entertainment Starter Bundle includes Optus TV with Fetch and delivers everything our customers have been asking for.”
Get more out of your TV with Optus
Joining Optus’ existing suite of unlimited data plans, the Entertainment Starter Bundle is built for streaming services like Netflix, making it possible for customers to stream to their heart’s content without running out of data halfway through a riveting episode of Orange is the New Black.
The $90 Entertainment Starter Bundle is perfect for customers who want a range of entertainment choices in the one place, with the freedom of unlimited data and unlimited calls to Australian landlines. It includes:
- Optus TV with Fetch: record, pause and rewind up to 585 hours of standard definition (SD) digital free-to-air TV with a premium personal video recording (PVR) device.
- Admission to a massive movie library: access to 30 pre-selected movies and favourite TV series each month, with the option to rent one of 4,500 titles whenever you want.
- Catch-up TV on the big screen: Watch free-to-air catch-up services on your TV instead of your computer or tablet.
- Instant access to all your entertainment in one place: Move between channels, recordings, movie rentals, Netflix and YouTube with a flick of the remote control. Netflix through Optus TV with Fetch requires a second generation set top box and existing customers may need to upgrade their box for an additional fee of $135.
Summer lovin’ with bonus Netflix gift offer
Back by popular demand, and for a limited time, Optus is giving eligible home broadband customers a bonus six-month Netflix subscription when they join Optus. This great offer is also available for existing home broadband customers who re-contract with Optus.
“Our previous Netflix offer was hugely popular and a big draw card for consumers looking for a broadband bundle. Its comeback means even more Aussies can experience Netflix’s award winning original series and a diverse library of TV shows and movies from around the world,” Ms Brady said.
The bonus Netflix subscription will be available from 2 November 2015 until 31 January 2016 for new and existing customers who sign up to:
- Entertainment Starter Bundle on a 24 month contract;
- Home Entertainment Bundle on a 24 month contract; or
- Ultimate Home Bundle on a 24 month contract.