Foxtel Doubles Broadband Data Caps For Free
Foxtel today announced that broadband subscribers will receive even greater value, with a generous increase in broadband data inclusions on a number of current ADSL broadband bundles, delivered over one of Australia’s largest telecommunications networks.
Ed Smith, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Sales and Marketing said: “Today we launch our broadband marketing campaign to Foxtel customers, and it’s hugely exciting to be able to double the data included in our bigger packages, and to provide Foxtel’s on demand content unmetered when customers connect to Foxtel Broadband.
Foxtel’s DNA is great entertainment and our broadband service delivers the data and value that people want as their viewing habits shift to on demand. This is supported by our WiFi technology, the Foxtel Hub, which was engineered to deliver superior WiFi performance for streaming video."
From today, existing Foxtel customers on a 100GB, 200GB or 500GB ADSL broadband bundle will see their data allowances permanently increased at no extra cost**. Data increases for customers are reflected as follows:
- Customers with a 100GB broadband bundle will see their monthly data allowance bumped up to 250GB1.
- Customers with a 200GB broadband bundle will see their monthly data allowance bumped up to 500GB1.
- Customers with a 500GB broadband bundle will see their monthly data allowance bumped up to a massive 1TB (1024GB) 1.
The news follows the successful introduction of Foxtel’s Broadband Bundles, which in only six months has seen a significant growth of consumer interest in the stunning combination of Foxtel’s world class subscription cable and satellite TV service, alongside Foxtel’s broadband and home phone services.
Foxtel Broadband Bundles offer subscribers a simple customer experience, utilising a single Foxtel account for their TV, broadband and home phone services. Foxtel Broadband Bundles have been specifically designed with entertainment and video in mind and in a way that maximises the value of a Foxtel subscription through flexibility, customisation of services and the best in TV entertainment.
For existing Foxtel TV customers not already on a Foxtel Broadband Bundle, from today you can maximise your Foxtel experience each month by adding 50GB of broadband internet data and unlimited standard local calls2 for an extra $70* per month by adding a 12 or 24 month 50GB Home Bundle to your existing TV package.
For new customers, you can now sign up to Foxtel’s amazing Entertainment 50GB Home Bundle, featuring Foxtel’s Entertainment TV Pack, with 45 popular news, general entertainment, factual and lifestyle channels, 50GB of broadband internet data and unlimited standard local calls for $95^ per month on a 12 or 24 month plan.
Foxtel’s Broadband Bundles will now offer a selection of packages with even greater value, including 50GB, 250GB, 500GB and 1TB monthly data packages, with each bundle offering unlimited standard local calls, no peak or off peak data limits and no data download limits for Foxtel TV on Foxtel Go and Anytime when customers connect to Foxtel Broadband3. Presto and Foxtel Play customers can also enjoy the benefit of no data download limits when connected to Foxtel Broadband.
Foxtel Broadband subscribers also receive the Foxtel Hub, a WiFi modem purpose built for entertainment. The Foxtel Hub is designed to deliver fast WiFi speeds4, great in-home coverage and easy streaming to multiple devices. The Foxtel Hub connects easily to internet-enabled iQ, iQ2 and iQ3 set-top-boxes to maximise your Foxtel access and enjoyment.
Key features of Foxtel’s TV, Broadband and Home Phone bundles include:
- Broadband and home phone delivered over one of Australia’s largest telecommunications networks.
- A range of great value data options to choose from, including 50GB, 250GB, 500GB, & 1TB packages, and no peak or off peak data limits1.
- The Foxtel Hub – Foxtel’s WiFi modem, designed to deliver fast WiFi speeds4, great in-home coverage and easy streaming to multiple devices.
- Unlimited standard local calls2 across all bundles, with the added benefit of unlimited standard national calls included in the 500GB and 1TB bundles.
- No data download limits for Foxtel TV on Foxtel Go and Anytime, Foxtel Play and Presto when connected to Foxtel Broadband3.
- Data usage alerts when you have reached 50%, 85% and 100% of your included monthly data allowance.
- Easy management of all Foxtel services via MyAccount.
- A convenient single source of customer care, including billing and 24/7 technical support.
- Foxtel’s new broadband bundles are available from today.